Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Wrapping up Korea

Before we left Korea for good, the country hit a remarkable milestone. They had 100% cell phone use. I'm not really sure how to word it, but basically there was one cell phone being used for each Korean. That blew my mind when I heard it, but if you consider the part that phones take in their lives, I suppose it makes sense. They use their cell phones as TVs, debit cards, dictionaries, subway maps, access to the internet, and occasionally for texting and calling.

Stuff I already miss:
Safety
My apartment
Cheap, reliable transportation
Food (well, Korean food) and its availability 24 hours a day at a cheap price
Having a convenience store in my apartment building
Having Emart down the street
Nice people*
Making money instead of being in debt**
Not tipping


*Being in a new city, I now realize how patient Koreans were with me. Not only was I a total noob, but I didn't speak their language. For the most part, they were extremely welcoming and helpful. Here in Chicago, I feel like I'm a constant pain in everyone's side.
**Not Korea-specific

No comments:

Post a Comment